Rod, Julie, Xander (6 yrs.) and A.J. (8 yrs.)

Monday, October 13, 2008

SPIDERS!!!

We have all these spiders around our house. I keep worrying that one day we are going to find a Brown Recluse (they are all over the dorms on Base). So far all we've found are spiders of the generally harmless variety. Xander and AJ went Spider hunting last week with Rod. Being Boys they decided they would do a "fight to the death" with the spiders they found and threw a cricket in to boot. The Cricket died quickly and then one of the spiders started ripping off the other spider's legs. I told them that it was time to let the poor things go. Hey...I don't invent these games, I just report on them! Can't you just see our little future scientist in these photos?

Xander wasn't entirely certain that he wanted to hold the spiders but in the end, gave it a shot. I'm not entirely sure what is on his nose - I didn't take the pictures:)

No comments: